Tuesday 17 January 2012

Hi Guys x x

Hi Guys, How are you?

I'm pretty good thanks.
We had a lovely relaxing weekend. Saturday Gav lit the fire at 9am and we didn't let it go out 'till 9pm. There's nothing nicer than sitting in front of an open fire, listening to the radio, the children enjoyed it too, it was sooo cosy :)

I also took pics of Charlie for his home-work. It was about re-cycling card, well we're experts at that. Do you want to see what we do with our card?......


We put it in the composter of course, and......

We feed it to the worms.....
Oh how they love it, as well as food waste. They pay us back by producing the most fantastic compost. We also get worm wee that is a brilliant fertiliser.
Enough about worms when you've just eaten your tea..Sorry  ;)

On to the crochet. Well, it happened again. It doesn't happen very often, I didn't have a project and just didn't know what to do. I sat staring at my basket of new yarn for inspiration....

Well newish. The Riot is left over from the Japanese flower blanket. The gorgeous super chunky pink I bought as a treat just before Christmas. And the other two well.....

This I bought from a lovely little wool shop in Southwell. The whole ball knits up the tank top in the pic. It was a bargain. I got an £8.00 ball of wool for £3.50.And the best bit is it is 660 m, I'm going to make lot's out of this. Not the tank top tho' folks, I'm not a knitter.

And the green....
Scrum-diddly-umptous. I love, love, love green. One ball I already had, the other two were £1.50 each out of the bargain bin at Anita's, what a lucky girl am I to spot this.

My dilemma of not having a project didn't last long, I made.....

The swirly scarf (again!!) out of the Cute 'n' Easy crochet book by Nikki Trench. Shall we see another pic? oh yes....

I wanted it super long so added an extra 100 chains, it seemed to take forever! It doesn't look bad on either....

Because it's a cotton it layers really nicely in a frill around the neck.
I amazed myself at finishing it, it very nearly ended up on the stig pile!! One of my resolutions is to make sure I finish projects before I start another, hmm let's see how long that lasts!

A pal contacted me at the end of last week after visiting my folksy shop. She wanted a flower brooch for a friend of hers, but a little smaller than the ones I had in my shop. What is wrong with a large brooch?.....

I think mine should be a little larger, don't you!!!!!!!!

So I had a play with different sized hooks and came up with these......

... beauties, let me know what you think please Foxy my pal before I sew the backs on x x x

That's reminded me, I forgot to tell you about my folksy shop. Last week I re-stocked it, oh it took an age. If you've not popped in for a while have a peek, I'd love to hear your feed back. It's- baggaleycottagecrochet.

I managed to squeeze one more project in this week, it's still in a work progress.....


I decided to make another cardi. 0-9months this time. I do love making this cardi, I think this is my 4th!! It's from 'Little Crochet' by Linda Permann. What a gorgeous book it is too.

On my way home tonight I popped into Anita's to see if the new Creative Cotton colours were in. I didn't think they would be as Anita would have contacted me, I had to pop in all the same to check. Humphh, there not in yet. Please hurry Rico, I can't wait!!!!

I had a quick peek in the bargain bin and found these, I can't resist a bargain...

I love these colours together. I think I'll surprise Daisy and make her some bunting for her room x

I'm feeling rather sleepy now, so I'm going to make a cuppa and take it up to bed, with my crochet of course. x

Night night for now my loves and happy crocheting x x x x

P.s I've not forgotten about my give away, I'm waiting for my give away to arrive   x x x x x x



No comments:

Post a Comment