Wednesday 25 July 2012

Sunny Days x x

Good Morning my loves,

Phewee, I finally made it here in blogland. I don't honestly know where the time goes.
I'm a little excited to say the least, it's the six week holidays...HOORAHHHH!!
I can't tell you how good it feels to have this break from work. I need to rest and recuperate for a bit, since having the nasty shingles I've felt really tired and have lacked energy. This break will help alot and the sunshine makes me feel great ;)

I'm not sure where to start with this post!! It's early Wednesday morning and I'm sitting here waiting for our Postie to deliver my euros. I have a feeling I'll be waiting all day!! I wondered down stairs a bit ago and before I knew it my lap top was on my knee so here we are!!

Okay.... do you remember those body parts I showed you in my last post? Would you like to see what they turned in to?........
Please let me introduce you to the lovely Rita. I'm very proud of her. She turned out better than I expected. I hand stitched her beautiful dress. I tried on the sewing machine but I was all fingers and thumbs!!
I enjoyed making Rita sooo much I decided she needed a boyfriend.......

So here we have Reg, standing next to Rita in his hand stitched dungaree's.
Don't they make a lovely couple ;)

You have to see their lovely tails....

How cute.

Hmmm...Reg is slightly smaller than Rita, I don't know what happened there!!! I have a bag full of yarn in different shades of grey and brown so I think more bunny rabbits will be on the way x

On the 3rd August a colleague of mine is getting married. I'm taking Daisy with me to the church (She's sooo excited) and Gavin and I are going to the evening party. This colleague of mine is lovely, she's one of the nicest people I've met. So I had to come up with a great prezzie! I contacted a fellow crafter and I've had a special something made. I collected this gift last night and I love it. I want one for myself. Unfortunately I can't show this super special gift with you today and I know my colleague doesn't read my blog but you never know, someone might spill the beans and spoil my surprise. I've taken a pic of it and will show you next time :)
The prezzie was commissioned from by best friends neighbour, Misia. She sells her lovely crafts on Etsy if you want to take a peak you will not be disappointed www.foundintheloft.etsy.com You guys know I'm not technical right, so I'm not sure the link will work!!

I can however show you gift Number 2. Sunday evening I had an urge to start a new project. So I got out my felt collection.....

Hmmm... which colours did I choose?
I settled on these lovely shades...

                                                                            I then cut them up into these...

Can you guess what it is yet?
I then made twelve of these...

The pattern for these flag is from the lovely Lucy at Attic 24, thank you Lucy x

I then edged them using this colour....

And stitched all of the ends in.

I then stitched all of the letters and hearts onto the flags....
Last night I joined them all together and added tiny little bells below the hearts.....
You can just about see the little bells.
Here it is finished....

I hope she likes it. She was telling me how much she liked bunting so I'm sure she will.

A scrummy stack of wedding bunting x x

I must put a stop to these creative urges now and get on with Charlies blanket. It is growing honest...

This is going to take priority from now on x x

Whilst I've been sat here the euros have arrived.. hoorah! So I'm off to potter around the garden and enjoy this lovely sunshiny day.

Enjoy your day my loves and happy crochet x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment