Tuesday 30 August 2011

Bank Holiday Weekend x

Good evening my loves, well I've been back off my holiday for a week now and feel alittle like we never went away! And what is going on with the weather it is very Wintry out there.
At least it was a sun shiny day on Saturday, here at Baggaley Cottage we decided to have a garden day. I mowed the lawn and dug out weeds and the children helped by picking up the fallen apples.
The Sun Flowers are finally out...
 
and are looking lovely. Charlie grows the Sun Flowers each year. The Cornflowers are also looking very lovely. I've been trying to grow them for a while, this is the first year they have come up. Perhaps it's because Gavin grew them this year, he's proving to have green fingers.
We have a couple of Hazel Nut trees in the garden. We have only ever had a couple of nuts off of them due to the dastardly squirrel! Well this year we got there first.........

And harvested a decent pile, Hoorah for us :)
After all our hard work we had a lovely cup of coffee in our new Army surplus tin garden mugs.

I've been after a couple of tin mugs for an age, I did see some on the Cath Kidston web site but they soon sold out. They are fab for keeping the coffee hot when you get busy with pesky garden jobs.

Monday was a great family day out to Clumber Park, it was a bit cloudy and blustery but once we got on our bikes and cycled around the lake we soon warmed up. The sun came out at lunch, we got the deck chairs out of the car and enjoyed our picnic. I also managed to buy two new Lavender plants from the garden shop, tee hee.... Gav forgot about my Lavender ban ;)
(sorry no pics).

I have also managed a couple crochet projects this week. I completed my son's name. He kept asking when I'd crochet him something. I felt so guilty after making Daisy's blanket, cardi's and her name a while ago. Here it is.....

Both he and I are pleased with it, However it has come out a little distorted on this pic!
The patterns for the letters were in the Inside Crochet magazine.
Here's Daisy's name, I did it a while ago...
and I added the Daisy flowers. I think I'm going to crochet some bugs for Charlie's.

I also completed the cardi for Daisy with the wool I bought in France..
Not sure what's happening with my pics tonight, these last few are looking very distorted!!!
It's the pattern I've used afew times before, I just used thicker yarn and a bigger hook to get Daisy's size.

I don't believe it, I almost forgot to show my wonderfully gorgeous oyster basket I bought in France at an antique market. It's a little rusty, but with a good wire wool rub down and some cream metal paint it will look fantastic.
It's just perfect to put my cushions in when I do my craft fairs, I love it and wish I'd bought two.

Back to the Hazel Nuts....


They were yummy.....once we managed to get into them. We couldn't find the nut cracker could we, what are we like!!!!  Off to Tesco tomorrow to buy a new one.

Well I'm off to finish another project I started a while back, the lovely Japanese flower blanket. My Stig pile is almost clear! 

Night night for now and happy crochet x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment