Tuesday 13 September 2011

Busy Bee x x

Hello my loves and good evening.
What an absolutely wonderful day I've had today. I finally made it to Knit 'n' Natter after missing two weeks due to the school hols and grandparents away on holidays.. The group has now moved to the pub next door to the marvelous yarn shop, due to the ever increasing members!!! It was an absolute squash and a squeeze in the yarn shop, so it was for the best. We all still nip in to see Anita before K 'n' N to get our supplies. It was a good day to go back as the ladies decided to stay for a pub lunch, it was yummy. And lovely to catch up with all my pals.

Over the past few days I've been looking for a new project and decided upon a shawl. I found the pattern on Ravelry after much searching for something easy-ish. I nipped in to Anita's for some 4 ply, and decided upon this ......
I'm not sure I made the right decision on colour, only time will tell. The pattern was a bit tricky at first, but soon got the hang of it. It's called the Elise Shawl for those of you who want to give it a bash.x

I have also been busy making cup-cake keyrings...

They are rather cute, don't you think. The idea came from my pal Sally at evening K 'n' N. She been telling us about the cup-cake keyrings she had been making. And that was it, the seed had been sewn and I just had to have a go. This pattern also came from Ravelry.

My mother-in-law came over to see us at the weekend. She asked if I would make her a couple of scarves for her friends for Christmas. Of course I was happy to do so. (Any excuse to nip to the yarn shop!!). So off we went in search of yarn. We bought two balls of yarn, I couldn't remember how much we needed for the scarves I had in mind. I managed to get one scarf out of one ball of yarn, hoorah. And here it is, I made it in an evening ...

The colour is absolutely beautiful. We will take the spare ball of yarn back and exchange it ready for scarf number two.
Lastly this week I have made a cowl. I absolutely hate a cold neck in the Winter. The idea came from Jacey at Coffee and Crochets blog a while back. Jacey is also a pal at K 'n' N. I've been meaning to try the cowl for a while and admit it was trial and error getting the correct size. I think I had to undo it three times, I like a warm neck but don't like to be strangled!!.......

I used the fab Riot chunky, I love it, love it, love it. I took the finished item to K 'n' N today for show and tell as we all do with finished projects. I now need to make cowl number two as I have an order from my pal Jo.
Here's how the finished item looked .....

Side view... I'm loving the peony flower and so easy to do. A pretty little button just adds the finishing touch don't you think. And now for a front view........

I'm chuffed to bits with it.
Well I'm off to crochet a couple more rows of the shawl before an early night, work tomorrow.

Night night for now and Happy Crocheting x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment