Tuesday 13 December 2011

Deck The Halls x x

Good evening my loves,

Hope your all well and feeling the festive spirit. Baggaley Cottage is bursting with it, each and every room. It only took us a couple of hours on Sunday to spruce the place up whilst listening to carols, how lovely it was too x

Would you like to see our Christmas trees?
Here's the smallest...
Sitting nicely under last years crochet bunting. We haven't put the batteries in Rudolph or Xmas tree yet, I wonder how long we'll get away with that!!!

Now here's the medium tree....


Charlie made a cute Santa to sit on top.
And here's my favourite....
I just love a real tree, don't you? The smell is amazing and so Christmassy x

Each decoration on my tree is different, here are a few of my most favourites....
I love the string of Ginger Bread Men and Women and the retro bauble.


Oooh, I love a glass bauble. These were from Habitat.
The large yellow one is from a set of twelve they each represent the twelve days of Christmas.

I think the pink pom pom came from Habitat as well. Do you know, one year I think I'll cover the tree in multi-coloured pom poms, how lovely that would be. What a great way to use all those odd bits of wool.

Daisy helped hang the little decorations on my wooden trees. I've collected these over the years from our annual German market.


Charlie's so excited about Christmas, as soon as he comes home from school he turns on the fairy lights.


On to the makes.. I finally got round to making my own little owls. Not as good as Daisy and Charlie's tho'....
The large are for hanging, the small are brooches.

I have the rest all cut out ready to sew, I think I might alter the eyes, I have a much better idea...

I feel a little stressed thinking about all the bits I have yet to finish for my Christmas Craft Fair. I still have organising to do for it too, I feel like I've been organising  forever !!!!!!!

We nipped over to Ikea last Friday, I picked up this glass cake stand to display some of my wares...

Rings on top, hair bobbles centre, owls on the bottom. They look okay don't they.

Last week I gave you a sneak peak in to some of the Christmassy bits I've been making for my pals at work. I feel I can show you now as I'll be giving them tomorrow. Do you remember my sock phase and how excited I was about them? Well I told everyone they were getting socks for Christmas and I wasn't fibbing....
Taaaaa, Daaaaaa..........
Well I didn't say how big they were going to be, Tee Hee. I've managed to cram little gifts in to them. I hope my pals like them ;) If you'd like the pattern for these it came from Lemonade Sucrette's blog or just take a peak at Tangled Happy in case I have the spelling wrong! You know what I'm like!!

I have two more stockings to make before tomorrow my loves so....

Night night for now and happy crocheting x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment