Tuesday 27 December 2011

Hoorah for prezzies x x

Hi Guys,
I hope you all had the most wonderful Christmas. It was a busy day here at Baggaley Cottage. We had all the family over, ten of us around the table. It was lovely, great food (cooked by Gav) and great company, but if I'm honest it went by in a blur!!! (Too much Champagne and wine!!).

We all had fantastic Christmas prezzies. Daisy and Charlie were so excited with their pile of gifts.
Before I give you a peek at my gifts I'm going to go back to Christmas eve.

Daisy and Charlie were busy decorating ginger biscuits to take to the family along with the Christmas prezzies....
The concentration. They've not been this quiet for ages.....
The finished biscuits were lovely and the Grandparents loved them.
The biscuits are from Ikea and have holes ready for you to hang them. I try to buy them every year but you do have to be quick they sell out fast!!.....


We got all wrapped up to go out on our deliveries. Daisy wore her new crochet hat and scarf....

I am chuffed to bits with it, so is Daisy...

I can't believe this yarn is discontinued. The colours are fab. I added a little flower on the side.


It just finishes it off nicely.

Okay, are you ready to see my Christmas prezzies? I've been very spoilt!!
The first is a very gorgeous Orla Kieley bowl...

I love, love, love this Orla design and have many bowls in it. I also got an Orla bag which I'll show you next time and......

Hoorah... an Orla radio. I've wanted one of these for a while. I've spent most of the day today listening to Women's Hour, The Goons and Johnny Walker.
I then decided I needed to go outside and get some fresh air and I needed to do something very exciting.
Whilst I was out there Gav came out and bought me a cuppa.....

in my army surplus tin mug, just what I needed. He began to chop wood....

From these huge logs....

And I got my bike out to put this on it...

Ooooh what lovely Babushkas, Do you know what it is? Would you like another look?.......

It's becoming a bit clearer. Here we go. Taa, Daaa.......

Oh my, how gorgeous is that. Let's have another look....

I can't wait to go out on my bike and show it off.
It's made by a company called Basil.

They have a fab website with the most amazing bags 'n' baskets in all different shapes, sizes and designs. Have a look...

I also had a lovely Christmas gift off a lovely friend...
Hoorah..I've secretly wanted a hand-made book cover for a while. I love it, duck egg blue is my most favourite colour. I'm keeping the brooch attached I think it looks really pretty, don't you? and I'm lovin' the label ;)x

You all know crochet is my passion. Well I received a new crochet book for Christmas. Hoorah for me and one that I'd had my eye on....

I'm really enjoying making crochet toys, these are lovely very quick and easy. Of course I've already started. I chose to make.....
Some pretty butterflies and a pretty bag to put them in for the person who bought it for me Grandaughter as a thank you.

Here's a peek...

One butterfly complete. I've just started the frill edging on the bag.

Can you see my Radio Times on the floor, it's constantly near by so I can check out whats coming on next. I'm just listening to Smooth Radio 70's, at the mo'  fab. Oh how I love my new radio :)

Must dash my loves, butterflies to finish x

Night night for now and happy crocheting x x

P.s the damn colds still winning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment