Tuesday 20 December 2011

Hello my lovelies,
Well here we are, finally broken up for the Christmas Holidays pheweee!

The craft fair was a huge success. I was really pleased with the turn out and the amount of money we made for the children, I didn't do badly myself either. I sold all of the crochet toys I made and much more besides - fantastic x

After a long day Saturday at the fair, I finally got home and carried my wares down to my shed along with boxes of wool that I'd sorted and packed up.
I opened a bottle of wine, sat down to relax and begin a new project. And then it happened............. my head started banging, my nose started running and I lost my voice - typical, would you believe it?
I rush around for weeks and as soon as I relaxed it got me!!! It had better be gone for Saturday, I'm going to dose myself up 'till it has, it will not get the better of me I haven't time to be ill !!!!!! 

Well I've still managed a few projects.
The first is a lovely hot water bottle cover.....
I'm going to put some ribbon around the neck to pretty it up. I don't do this very often but this pattern I actually made up myself. The idea again came from my marvellous, yet very forgetful pal Sally!!

I've started another, using popcorn stitch....

Last night Daisy and I decided the time had come to make our paper chains, they look fab. Very vintage, I bought them from The Tokenhouse...


How gorgeous are they? Sorry, I only took close up pics. They do look gorgeous honest x

Today I popped in to knit 'n' natter and to see Anita. I also felt the urge to buy new yarn for a new project. I picked this...
Yum, Yum. I love a new yarn project. I bought up the last six balls in the shop and apparently it's now discontinued. It's Spirit by Freedom. It also comes in lots of other yummy colours.

I'm going to make a hat and scarf set for Miss Daisy out of this book with it...


The book was also bought from Anita. It has adult and kid hats. I chose this one...

Daisy's won't have the stripes, but will be super cute all the same.

I got home and couldn't wait! You know what I'm like!!
I kept calling Daisy so I could balance it on her head for size...

A few more rows and it will be finished, then I think I really should make something for Charlie x

Almost forgot to mention, I've started some new bunting to go above the mirror and open fire....


Not sure about it yet, it will most probably end up on the Stig pile.

Must be off, I've got a hat to finish and I'd really like to watch Kirsty.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Night night for now and Happy Crocheting x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment