Tuesday 24 January 2012

African Flower Hexagons x

Hello my loves,
Where oh where is the time going? It's almost the end of January already, scary!!!!

Last week I showed you a few pics of Charlie and his recycling project. Well, Daisy has completed her project this weekend.
She spent Saturday and part of Sunday making paper and card bricks for the fire.

With the help of  her Daddy. Taa Daaa.......

Well done Daisy. Fab home-work and free fuel :)

I've completed a few projects this week firstly Daisy's bunting, she loves it. We put it up this morning before school.

The colours look fab and really match her room. Whilst in Daisy's room I'd just like to show you this..

It's a guardian angel I bought for Daisy a while back. It's from a gorgeous little shop in Westbridgford called 'Daisy, Daisy'. Great name huh?
They sell lots of yummy gifts and willow heart wreaths. I'm visiting my lovely pal Foxy next Saturday in Westbridgford, so I'll no doubt pop in for a little look ;) I'll let you know if I make any necessary purchases x

Okay, back to the crochet.
The little cardi is complete it just needs a couple of cute buttons....

It is sooo tiny and only took a couple of hours.

I've mentioned my pal Sally a few times now haven't  I ? Well last evening crochet club, she was making a blanket using a fab hexagon pattern called an African flower hexagon. I think all of us at group stole the info for the pattern and this week I started some of my own. There's this one....

I have fallen in love with these colours together. And there's this one....

Same colours in reverse. And then there's these.....

I'm chuffed to bits with it so far. And must remember my resolution!!!!!!!
If you fancy a go at these lovelies yourself you can find them on heidi bears most gorgeous blog, go and take a look.

I forgot to show you a couple of things last week, firstly this owl pattern....

How cute are these? I've started one and hope to show it to you next week. I bought the pattern from ravelry.

I also received the Japanese book I ordered over Christmas. I forgot to show you this as well !!!

This is the front cover for any of you that might like to purchase one of your own. It came from pomadors cafe or pompador 24. A friend at knit 'n' Natter (Hi Pauline), has a few of these books. She bought them in to show me one week as I was wondering whether to buy one or not. I finally decided on this, there are sooo many to choose from. I'll show you a few pages....

These are what I fell in love with x


And this floral hot water bottle cover.

Isn't it lovely?

I don't yet read Japanese!!!!! So will be following the patterns like this.....

Diagrams, not as difficult as you might think.

I think that's all for this week my loves. I'm beginning to feel a little sleepy so I'm off for a snuggle with Charlie (Daisy 'n' Gav at taekwondo). I'm going to make a coffee first and grab a hook before we climb up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire.

Night night for now my loves and happy crochet x x

P.s the word on the new rico creative cotton colours.....not in yet booooooooo!!! ;) x x x x

2 comments:

  1. hellllllloooooo it mad sally here....hope yours is getting bigger..xsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at that Japanesed crochet book, on Amazon I think, and really liked it but wasn't sure if it was a look only or if you could use it. I've never followed patterns but tempted to buy and try. Is it suitable for an intermediate ish crocheter like me?

    ReplyDelete