Tuesday 3 January 2012

Last Few Days x x

Hi Guys,

Well here we are 2012, a new year, a new start and lots of lovely new crochet projects.. hee, hee x

During the Christmas break I had a little note from Cath Kidston to tell me the sale was starting Boxing Day. So there I was Boxing Day morning, 8am, lap top on knee. Oh the joys at all the wonderfully colourful bits 'n' bobs, of course I couldn't resist a few unnecessary purchases. Imagine my delight, when four days later the door bell rang and my jolly postman handed me a lovely box with Cath Kidston tape securing my goods :)
Would you like to see what I bought? Here goes....

One new phone case-perfect fit. Two new tea towels for my new kitchen (when it's completed). A lovely large cotton hanky-for Olbas oil to aid my clear breathing!! A pack of four sharpened pencils-I always need a pencil. And two bowls to put my small crochet items ready to sell at fairs. I am sooo happy with my new stuff.

Just before New Years Eve I started to panic a bit!!! We've had such a lovely break here at Baggaley Cottage and I realised we only had a few days left!! Oh dear, Oh dear so little time and so much to fit in. Water colour painting with Daisy, lego with Charlie, walks, jigsaw puzzles, DVD's. We have managed to do a lot, hoorah for us.

I've also managed crocheted projects. I decided the Japanese flower blanket needed to take priority. It is sooo needed on these chilly evenings. 
Oooh, I love these colours. Duck egg blue..oh yes.
Do you remember I shared this yarn with you a while back. It's King Cole Riot DK. It also comes in a chunky.
The pattern is so simple, yet so affective. Want to see more?

Lookin' good.

After a late night last night, there is now 81 flowers. I have three balls of yarn left so it's going to be a bit bigger yet. Oh dear.....all those ends to sew in. Any offers?

I also decided to make a new tea-cosy.

I used this simple base from 'Cute 'n' Easy Crochet'  ByNikki Trench.

And then added my own flowers. Again the ends need sewing in and then the flowers need stitching into place.
Do you want a closer look at my delightful flowers?....

These flowers are so, so easy.

Ch 6, 3 trtr in very first ch, 5 ch ss into very first ch. 5 times. For the centres I've hand sewn into trtr.
Taa, Daa one flower completed, easy peasy x

I've also been a bit naughty and ordered a few items from etsy. Some purse clasps, I've been wanting to have a go at a purse with clasp for ages. I've also ordered a new book from pompadors cafe, can't wait to share it with you.

I've also half finished a couple of cute owls, I'll share that project with you next time my loves.

Nearly forgot about my give away. I have the most perfect prize. Just waiting for it to arrive and then we're away. Can't wait :)x

Feeling very sleepy, work tomorrow, hmmm.
Need to get a few Japanese flowers done before an early night.

Night night for now my loves, happy crocheting x x x

P.S  Hi Lisa some colours of yarn I promised you.

Pale pink, deep blue, apple green, red - Very Cath Kidston.

The same again with a cream, probably used as a border colour.
Same again but with a pale blue.



Cushion in this style with colours of your choice, either all squares the same or multi like this.
I'll wait to hear from you on folksy, take care :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Esther,
    I´ve fallen in love with your Japanese flower blanket. It´s gorgeous! Could you send me the pattern (japanesecrochet2012@yahoo.de)???
    Greetings from Germany,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete