Tuesday 27 March 2012

Happy Birthday to me x x

Hello my loves,

I have had a wonderful week this week.
I forgot to mention last post that it was my birthday didn't I? It was last Wednesday 21st. I don't just have a birth day tho', I turn it into a birth week...tee, hee.

It was lovely. Gavin goes to work super early. So, Daisy set her alarm on her phone and then woke her brother, before waking me armed with gifts. How lovely. I still get excited now about birthdays and I'm......old!!

My gifts were fab. There's something magical about peeling wrapping paper and trying to guess what's inside x

Gavin and the children bought me a kindle. Now, I've avoided these and only just recently decided I would like one. I love my local library and adore the smell of an old book. I also love that the ladies in the library know me well enough to save and recommend books. So I'm never short of a good read.
But I must admit, I love my new kindle, it feels nice to hold. I struggle to put it down, I will never lose a page and I will now have a tidy bedside x x

We had a nice tea on the Wednesday followed by.......
Cake and the glorious sound of Gavin, Daisy and Charlie singing Happy Birthday x x

I received lot's of other gifts from family and pals......


Another of my favourite gifts was from my pal Anna. She knows I love crochet and she knows I love Cath. She gave me this......
Imagine my excitement when I opened this beauty....
What a beautiful tin. This is the back. And this is what's inside....

Heaven.
You all know me so well by now!!!!! Your right, I couldn't wait!!!!!!

So whipped these up in super fast time and turned them into this.......

The front complete. I began the back.....

I'm hoping to finish it tonight. It will sit on my chair in front of the fire x x

I also received a cute crochet book from my sister-in-law......

It has some gorgeous patterns, want to see?....

And that's just a few.

Another pal bought me some bulbs for the garden as well as other gifts....

And that's what I did Sunday. After the grass was cut and the pesky weeds pulled I planted bulbs and look forward to watching them grow.
I'll give a sneak peak of the garden in a few weeks time when it looks more colourful.

Last night I had an uncontrollable urge!!!! An urge to make bootees. I dashed down to the shed before it got too dark. I needed to find my bootee yarn stash. (And there's lot's of it!!!).
I created for the first time, some baby slippers......

How cute. I couldn't resist taking pics in the sunshine this afternoon...

This design was actually a mistake!! I ran out of yarn and didn't want to undo them. I'm really pleased with them and plan to make more......

Back to my birth week then.
Wednesday... Knit 'n' Natter
Friday.... Out with the girls.
Saturday.... Take away night.
Sunday.... More wine.
Oh dear, I must get back on the diet!

You know I don't like to waste pics when I've taken them soooo.......

Thank you to all of my friends and family for my lovely gifts and money. I soooo look forward to next year x x

I have a few more bits to show you, I think I'll save them for next week. I've waffled on for long enough and I'm now in need of a cuppa and my hook ;)

Night night for now my loves and happy crochet x x x x




No comments:

Post a Comment