Wednesday 6 July 2011

Yummy yarn x

Hello my lovelies thank you for visiting my blog space.
 I did promise to share with you some of my most favourite yarns and that's just what I'm going to do.

My local yarn shop is full of the most amazing yarns with lots of variety. As I mentioned in my previous post I'm like a child in a sweet shop when I visit. (Which is very often!!!!!).
Anyway here we go, at the top of my list it has to be the creative cotton. Thanks to Lucy of Attic 24 I am completely addicted and panic if I have only two of each colour. I be dash back to the yarn shop to stock up before my panic takes a hold!!
Here is my lovely stash.
The colours are fantastic. I have made all sorts with this cotton, from cushion covers to bootees, to tea-cosies to bunting, fab.
Another one of my favourites is Riot. It comes in a range of shades. I particularly like this one because of the duck egg blue.

It's fab to work with, it feels very silk like and I love watching the colour change. I've started to make a Japanese flower blanket with it.

Taa, Daaa. I've still got a long way to go. Yes, this is in my Stig pile!! The Riot I'm using is a double Knit. I get 15 flowers per ball. It also comes in a chunky.

I also like any of the Debbie Bliss yarn. It can be rather expensive, but it does go along way. I've just made this baby cardi.
The pattern is in my new crochet book, Little Crochet by Linda Permann.

Another Taaa, Daaa. I'm really pleased with it. It was completed in an evening and crocheted all in one piece.
I've just bought some lovely yarn for another of Linda Permanns children's cardigans.
Its Rico baby classic DK. I'll show a pic when it's completed.
Lastly I bought some yummy yarn from york yesterday (York blog to follow).  It's a King Cole merino blend DK. I was spoilt for choice with colours, but chose these. What do you think? I think they go pretty well together.

I'm turning this yarn into cushion covers, hopefully I'll have something new to show you in afew days.

Night night for now. Happy Crochet x x

1 comment:

  1. Hi There
    What size crochet hook did you use for the King Cole Riot DY Japanese flower blanket please?
    Thanks
    Marie

    ReplyDelete