Saturday 2 July 2011

Sunny sdays and completed projects

Hello there my lovelies, what a beautiful day it's been today. I've been feeling a little wary, but the sunshine has really cheered me up.
I have spent the last week finishing projects to try and clear my Stig of the dump corner. Hoorah, you may hear Gav shout!
Firstly the owl cushion is well and truly stuffed!
I'm really pleased with him and feel a strong urge to start another!
I have also been very busy completing bootees for a couple of friends of mine.

How cute are they? I love them, they're really popular.
I have also finished a baby blanket as a gift for a friend of mine who is due to have her first bundle of joy next week.

The ribbon finishes it off nicely. I do hope she likes it.

On Wednesday after work, I dashed to my local yarn shop. I find it extremely difficult to stay away from my LYS, I'm like a child in a sweetie shop. I love the colours that adorn the shelves. I think the owner Anita thought I was abit of a weirdo at first, popping in every two or three days to buy yarn. I think Anita has now realised I have a true passion for yarns and crochet and is now a friend. I no longer need and excuse to pop in as she holds Lot's of groups in the shop, how fantastic is that. I go to Knit 'n' natter every week, evening knit 'n' natter once a month and crochet club once a month. I love it, It's a great way to meet new people old and young, I have made some lovely friendships there. You also have plenty of people to ask for help if your struggling with a pattern. ;)  Well, the reason I nipped down to the YS was buy yarn to make my job-share a scarf for her birthday. I chose this yarn isn't the colour yummy.
Sitting in the sunshine this afternoon I completed it. I chose a lovely vintage pattern and here it is.

Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah!!!!! I'm pleased with it. It was finished in record time. It looks very pretty on.
Well I'd better get on with more crochet, did I mention I'm a crochet addict?
The problem I'm facing is that I've gathered so many patterns for projects, I don't know which to start first!
I'm off to decide so nighty night.
In the next post I will be sharing with you some of my most favourite yarns.
Happy crochet x x

No comments:

Post a Comment