Tuesday 18 October 2011

Socks Glorious Socks x

Good evening my loves, hope your all well. Another week has passed, where is the time going?

Another extremely busy week here at Baggaley Cottage. I am so full of sock love I can't get them done quick enough!

Before I move on to the socks I'd just like to share with you my final pair of bootees....


I just love the Union Jack buttons, Don't you?

Now on to the socks, yipee for Margaret and her fantastic sock pattern.
The yarn I chose for my socks was.....

This gloriously scrumptious Happy by Wendy which is a sock yarn.. I threw away the ball band by mistake!!!! So I can't tell you the yardage, but it does go an extremely long way. In fact I've made socks out of it for me and I've just about finished some for Daisy.
Well here we go, prepare to be amazed (tee, hee)....

This my loves, is the toe. It's made up of  half trebles, trebles and the lovely shell pattern in trebles. For my size foot I used a 3.5 hook and then for the ankle a size 4.

And this is the heel, made up with trebles. And taa, daa the finished item......

I feel really proud of myself, would you like to see them on?......

Ok, Ok, the colours don't quite match up and one is slightly bigger than the other but for a first attempt, not bad eh. Lets see another pic....
Ahh, very comfortable and cosy on these windy nights.
And before we move on, a close up of the shell pattern....

I havn't taken a pic of Daisy's socks yet, I'll show you next time.
Any excuse to pop into the yarn shop!! I really NEEDED more sock yarn and this is what I chose...


Zig Zag by King Cole. It's a 4ply and says on the ball band suitable for socks, so I'm willing to give it a bash. A friend used it for her socks in crochet class and it  looked fab.
More on socks next week.

Whilst buying the sock yarn I also bought some lovely yarn for snowflakes. I'm selling my wares at an in house craft party on Thursday and thought snowflake bunting would go down a treat. I chose.....

A mother of pearl yarn (sorry can't find this ball band either!). It has a gorgeous sparkle to it ideal for snowflakes...

And some bright white King Cole chunky yarn to make bigger snowflakes...

I'm having trouble  loading pics tonight (perhaps it's because I'm adding so many!!). Here are the larger snowflakes....

I love them. I use both mother and pearl and chunky for these and a size 6 hook. They also look fab using 2 strands of chunky and 1 of mother of pearl and a size 15 hook!! honest, give it a go. I made them last year and they were very popular. I've also added some to Christmas tree bunting....

I hung mine above my fire place last year. Here's the Christmas trees on there own...

Well Christmas is only around the corner!!!

That's my news for this week, who knows what next week will bring. ooh, I've just remembered, half term yippeeeee :)

Well I'd better go and get Daisy's socks finished a few rows to go.

Night, night for now and happy crocheting x x

No comments:

Post a Comment