Sunday 2 October 2011

Hello my loves x

Hello my loves, I know, I know I'm late!!

Do you know I worked an extra day this week, it well and truly threw me out of routine. And, to top it off I start working full time next week, who  knows where I'll be then!

I must crack on, so much to share ;)
If you remember last blog (almost two weeks ago), I was in abit of a tis without a project. I will never complain again, a few days after my moan I had orders coming out of my ears for cowls, scarves and bootees. Orders are now nearly complete and of course in between I managed to sneak in a few other projects, firstly........
A friend of mine decided to give this a go, so I thought I would too. No I haven't suddenly learnt how to read Japanese, the diagrams are so easy to follow. Here's a sneak preview.....

It's slow going but I like it, I decided to use 4 ply....

I'm lovin' the colour, more of the scarf soon x

Not last week, but the week before it was crochet club, I just love it. A lovely lady called Margaret teaches us all sorts of techniques and stitches. This time we learnt filet crochet. Here's a sample...

You will have seen filet crochet before. It's great for creating crochet pictures or patterns, you very often see baby blankets in filet.

And then joy of joys Margaret invited a few people to her home last Sunday to learn double filet crochet, with her and her friend Mary who is a double filet expert. It was a lovely day spent with lovely people crocheting all day, yes all day. Here's my double filet.....

This is the front......

And this is the back.
It's very tricky as you use two different coloured yarns and crochet the back and front at the same time. Great for double sided blankets.
I'm glad I learnt how to do it, but not sure I'd try it again in a hurry. It takes time and lots of yarn and masses of concentration.

I've also been very busy with a new stitch I've fallen in love with, it's popcorn stitch. I love it, love it love it and have created two new things, a stool cover...

Let's have a closer look......

How absolutely gorgeous is that. It does use a ridiculous amount of yarn though, but it's worth it.
I also made a popcorn stitch cushion......

I'm lovin' this too, the oatmeal and raspberry colours work really well together.
I made them for a craft fair I did yesterday (Saturday), I didn't sell them, but sold lots of other stuff. This was my stall....


I love craft fairs. I love meeting new people, sharing ideas and getting feedback from the stuff I've made, good and bad!

Well I think that's all my news, sorry it took me so long to blog!!!
I'm not sure you've noticed but I've added a comments box at the bottom of my blog I'd love to hear from you.
 I also need a bit of advice if anyone can help, how do I add the Folksy link to my blog? I am just not technical, please help...

I'm off to crochet more bootees.

Night night for now and happy crocheting x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment