Tuesday 25 October 2011

Woe is me ! x x

Good evening my loves,

Oh deary me, I do feel sorry for myself. I've not been well you see. Problems with my ears which have left me feeling very dizzy and off balance. So I've spent a lot of time sitting here.....
Oooh, how lovely. It's the nicest, cosiest, comforting thing sitting in front of my open fire. And here I've sat trying to crochet. Yes I did say trying !!!!
Because of my ears I've not been able to crochet very quickly - I know it sounds daft. My hand eye co-ordination has gone bonkers and crocheting quickly is making me feel dizzy too!!!!  How I wish my ears were back to normal.

Anyways, I've been concentrating on an easy project I started back in March. A friend of mine gave me a bit of birthday money and of course I spent it on yarn. Three scrummy 800g balls of Aran....

And this was the start of a lovely blanket for my bed. The idea came from Nicki Trench's Cute and Easy Crochet. I crocheted away and ended up with 49 squares back in March........

And then while sitting in front of the fire Saturday they increased to 81 squares...


And then Sunday/Monday the blanket increased to 100 squares....
Hoorah, I'm getting there.
I decided to measure my bed, who's stupid idea was it to buy a king size!! It's actually a deliciously comfy bed, just not a good size to make a blanket for.
It measures about 60 inches wide so works out at 20 squares a row....

Hmmm, I thought I was doing well, only another 300 squares to make then!!
I will persevere I promise ;)

Gav has been off work the last couple of days with it being half term. Today we decided to drive over to East Midlands Designer Outlet. I really needed fresh air and a stretch of the old legs after feeling so poorly.
And am I glad we went, I popped into The Works book shop and picked up the most gorgeous crochet book I've ever seen. What makes it more special is it was the last one on the shelf just sitting there waiting for me......

It's called Loop-d-Loop Crochet By Teva Durham.
It is full of trendy, funky designs for adults and children. I'll give you a sneak peak.....

The pic on the left is going to be my new project, once I've finished the squares of course!!
I also love the pic on the right, it's called a catherine wheel cape.
I also love this staggered web lacy top....

It looks so delicate and pretty.
And then of course there's the kid stuff, this is my favourite a bright bolero....


And Daisy likes it too.
 Most of the patterns use a chunky yarn which grows quickly, always an added bonus.
I'll share some more with you next time, I was struggling which pages to share this time it's so gorgeous.

Before I go I must share a very important piece of news with you that makes me feel incredibly proud. My gorgeous daughter and partner Gav went off to Bristol a week and a bit ago to attend their black belt grading in Tae kwondo and they passed. They received their black belts during their Sunday class this week, so when they walked back through the door Sunday it bought tears to my eyes.
Would you like to see a pic of my two Ninjas......
Oooh I could squeeze them x x x
All the dedication and hard work they've put in over the last 4 years finally paid off x x

Well off now to sew in ends, how I hate this job!!!
And to crochet more squares.

Night night for now and happy crocheting x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment