Tuesday 22 November 2011

London Town x x

Hi my loves,
I feel a bit of a fraud this week, I havn't done any crochet. Well I have a bit ,but not my usual pile of stuff!!
I've been busy busy doing paper work for my college job, and joy of joys I got it all done today so my hook will be on fire tonight. I can't wait ;)

On Saturday we had a very special day. We went to London one of my most favoirite places in the world. We went for Daisy as she wanted to go to Hamley's with her birthday money and we also went to meet up with some great friends of ours, Allz and Annie......
Here we are sitting waiting for our coffee in Covent Garden, it took an age honestly!!
Allz and Annie live near Eastbourne, we decided to meet up half way in London as we've all been too busy to get together properly this year.

It was absolutely great meeting up, we havn't seen each other for ages. However, some of the tubes weren't running (I ask you on a Saturday!!). So it ruined our adventure abit :(

We managed to get from St Pancras to Covent Garden squashed and squeezed in the under ground carriage. The rest of the day was spent walking, And do you know what, my children didn't moan once :)
Talking of St Pancras it's fab since it's been done up I havn't been for a while (there's a Cath shop there, hoorah!) and a wonderful statue of the poet John Betjamin the guy who rescued the place.....


There's also some of his poems dotted around, I thought this was lovely......


Back to Convent Garden - Whilst everyone else was watching the street performers I couldn't help but notice the Christmas decorations.....
I think they could do with being a bit bigger don't you!!
From Covent Garden we walked through Leicester Square and China Town...
                                    
Gavin ignored my advances of a Christmas kiss under the mistletoe on Carnaby Street.....
The row of Christmas trees were cute too....


After lunch we had a walk through soho, Leicester Square and Trafalger Square to the Embankment to see the London Eye and Daisy and Charlie wanted to see the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.....
Here they are from the Queens Jubilee bridge. It's just starting to get dark, the lights look fabulous.
Do you know I didn't realise just how big the London Eye was, our Nottingham Eye is nothing in comparison...

I'm standing right under it here.
And the same for Big Ben here...

It was a truley great day seeing great friends, we had to cut it short though to get back to St Pancras, tube hopping on those that were in operation!!
It was nice to settle down on the train with a cup of coffee, I could have nodded off after walking for 9hrs!!

Have you spotted Daisys Cath bag? From the Cath shop in St Pancras I asked where a bigger Cath shop was, we found it tucked away in Covent Garden. Daisy bought a bag and matching purse and a phone case.

Sunday was spent catching up on chores, helping with home-work and a well earned crochet in front of the fire......

You'll be pleased to know the Mary Janes are now complete. Five pairs were hand delivered to Anitas yesterday.

Oh hang on...I can hear something!! Must go, the hooks are calling ;) (tee,hee x)

Night night for now and happy crocheting x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment